Virtual Choir Project
Fort Collins Colorado Stake
Time for submissions to the
virtual choir project
is now expired, all the videos are completed.
in a Manger
we have heard on High
in Royal David's City
Once in Royal David's City
vocal part and record video and audio of yourself singing
to the reference video for that part.
(Remember to wear headphones or earbuds,
we want only your voice recorded.)
These videos show scrolling sheet music, the conductor, and
The audio is the piano accompaniment, and ah's played for
Upload your videos and send a link
according to the instructions below.
Other references for learning Once in Royal
Christmas Carol Sing-a-Long
For these two songs,
record by listening to the piano track
on headphones and singing along using the hymn book.
Upload videos per the instructions below.
In a Manger Piano Audio
Have Heard On High Piano Audio
Submission deadline: Friday, Dec 4, 2020 (expired)
Video/audio clips received: 76
- If you have any trouble with playback of the reference video
- Right click on the link and use "save target as", and play
it back locally
- Setup a camera/smartphone where it will view a nice backdrop
or background that will look good in the final video
- Watch out to avoid light fixtures and reflected light on
pictures or mirrors in the background
- Performers should dress as they would for church
- Have the camera on a tripod so the image is stable and more
- A portrait shot when recording the vocal videos is best
- Have a computer or TV screen that will be able to play the
reference video behind and near the camera
- When performing, singers should look directly into the camera
and see the guide video just behind it
- Startup procedure for recording
- Make sure everything in the environment where recording is
- Start the camera recording
- Start the "reference video" from the above link playing
- Be sure to wear headphones so the audio track on the video
is not recorded along with your voice
- If possible use earbuds rather than headphones so they
show up less in the video
- If desired a separate audio recording with a better mic can be
- Preferred file format is full HD 1920x1080 .mp4 files for
video, and .mp3 for audio, but other common formats should work
Send emails with audio recordings and links to video files to:
So far just emailing the file(s) has worked for mp3 audio files.
For video, upload to drive.google.com or dropbox.com and email a
link to the video file.
Make sure you are sending a "shareable" link that we can download
without needing a password.
Please let us know in your email which part you were singing.